How is it already December 6?! As you could probably tell from my blogging schedule over the last month, I have been extremely busy – busy painting our house, traveling for holiday parties, working, and finishing up Dopey Challenge training. I was not expecting this all to hit me at once, so I apologize for all the silence. It’s been CRAZY, but, I digress…
It’s December! And, it’s the month before Dopey! I expect that this month will bring some exciting things (cough cough TAPERING cough cough), but I really do think that’s because of all of the hard work that I did in November.
What hard work am I talking about? Read on to find out!
At the beginning of each month, I like to sit down and reflect on the previous month and make a list of goals to achieve during the new month. November was another great month, and I got so much done, including a lot of training!
Now that it’s the beginning of December, I wanted to recap my progress on my November goals. So…how did I do?
- Lose two more pounds. You guys…..I don’t know if it’s the pick-up in my training or my recent focus on my nutrition, but I lost another 4 pounds last month. YES! You read that right….4 pounds! That means that I’m only 3 pounds from my goal weight! I don’t think I’ll hit my goal before our trip, but I’m so happy with the progress I have made.
- Continue training for Dopey. Another great month of training is in the books, and I’m so happy with how November’s schedule went. I nailed each and every one of my training runs, and I’m feeling stronger than ever!
- Continue working on my Dopey Challenge costumes. With everything else that we did this past month, I did not have time to work on my Dopey costumes. I do, however, plan to finish them at some point next week. It shouldn’t take too long, and I’m excited to see the final products!
- Declutter my accessories. DONE! This month, I decluttered my purses, wallets, sunglasses, jewelry, belts, shoes, and fuzzy socks. I’ve now gone through everything in my house, and I feel so much better! We have a ton of items to donate to people who need them more than us, and we now only have what we use/wear in our house. Score!
- Finish all Harry Potter books before my trip to WDW. So, I did technically make progress on this goal, but not very much. I read a little bit more of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix…..but nothing major.
So, overall, I accomplished 4/5 goals…which I am very happy about! In addition to these goals, I also finished our Christmas shopping and all planning details for our trip in January. November was MY month, and I really feel like I owned it!
Now that December is underway and I’ve evaluated my November goals, I’ve come up with a list of 5 goals that I’d like to achieve before the beginning of January (and Dopey Challenge!).
My 2017 December goals are:
- Lose two more pounds. Just like last month, I’m hoping to be down another 2 pounds by the end of the month. Sweets are my downfall, and the holiday season brings PLENTY of them. Cross your fingers that I can stay on track!
- Continue training for Dopey. I can’t stop now! There’s less than one month left until marathon weekend!
- Finish my Project Repat order. In all of the hustle and bustle of the season, I neglected to tell you that I ordered myself a Project Repat quilt during the company’s Black Friday sale. I’ve had so many t-shirts from elementary schools, middle school, and high school sitting in our attic. Although I don’t wear the shirts anymore, I could never get myself to get rid of them. They represent so many memories – my classes, the time that I was in a play (and Steve), all of my sports accomplishments, etc. With Project Repat, I’ll be able to save those memories in a way that is much easier and more useful! No, this post is not sponsored by Project Repat, but I am very impressed with the company so far. To finish the order, I need to cut up my shirts (yikes!) and send them off to be made into a quilt.
- Find time to enjoy the holiday season. To most of you, this may be a fluffy goal. But, to me, it’s definitely something that I need to remember to do. With training, preparing for our trip, and a busy work schedule ahead, I want to try to remember to enjoy holiday season with my family and friends.
- Finish Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Going back to the basics on this goal….I just want to try and finish this book before my trip. I think this goal is more doable.
So, there you have it: my goals for the month of December. I’m looking forward to recapping and reflecting on these goals next month! See you then and wish me luck!
What are your goals for December?