Hi, friends! I apologize that this post is so late. As you’ll read later, we were very busy last week/weekend, so my blogging schedule was pushed back.
Without further adieu, let’s get into this post!
At the beginning of each month, I like to sit down and reflect on the previous month and make a list of goals to achieve during the new month. October was another great month, and Steve and I got so much done. Read on to see all that we did!
It was another month of fantastic experiences, and my training runs went so well!
Now that it’s the beginning of November, I wanted to recap my progress on my October goals. So…how did I do?
- Lose two pounds. I crushed this goal! I really took the time to focus on my health and fitness this month, and it really paid off. I lost a total of 2.5, and I’m feeling better than ever. Only 7 more pounds to go until I reach my goal!
- Continue training for Dopey. And, another one bites the dust! I got through another rigorous month of Dopey Challenge training, and I feel great! I’ve learned how to recover effectively and quickly, and that’s been so helpful.
- Continue working on my Dopey Challenge costumes. All clothing purchases for my costumes are done. Now, I just have to focus on finalizing the details on two of my costumes (more on that later in the post).
- Prepare the house for painting. And, as promised, this is the reason I have been absent for a few days! We spent the last part of the month/early November painting the house! All of our rooms are complete, but now we need to do the trim around the house. We plan to finish that in the next two weeks. The fresh paint really makes our house feel like “ours” – if that’s not too weird to say. We are in love with it. Once we finish the trim, I’ll be sure to share photos on the blog.
- Finish all Harry Potter books before my trip to WDW. I’ve made a lot of progress here. I’m breezing through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (I’m about half way), and I plan to finish it and start Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince before the end of the month.
So, overall, I hit 4/5 goals…I’m pretty proud of myself for what I accomplished last month. In addition to all of items I mentioned above, Steve and I also celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary last month. This past year flew by so fast! Steve and I are beyond happy, and we can’t wait to see what our future holds.
Although I was extremely busy, this will be a month I’ll remember for a long time.
Now that November is underway and I’ve evaluated my October goals, I’ve come up with a list of 5 goals that I’d like to achieve before the beginning of December.
My 2017 November goals are:
- Lose two more pounds. I’m hoping to be down another 2 pounds by the end of the month. Although I’ll be training a lot this month, I’ll also have four Thanksgiving dinners…yeah…I’m determined to stay focused, so I’m hoping for the best!
- Continue training for Dopey. I’m crushing my training so far, and I can’t quit now! Only 2 more months to go until I chase my dream!
- Continue working on my Dopey Challenge costumes. I’d like to finish my costumes this month. I only have two main tasks left to do for these: the spots for the Dalmatians costume and the Pizza Planet symbol on my alien costume shirt. I’m still unsure on how I will do these, but I plan to figure it out this month!
- Declutter my accessories. I’m pretty good about decluttering my closet after each season, but I’m not as good about doing the same with my accessories (shoes, hats, gloves, scarves, purses, wallets, etc.). I’m hoping to go through all of my accessories this month and donate those that I do not use anymore.
- Finish all Harry Potter books before my trip to WDW. Like I said before, I am making headway on this, and I’m determined to finish. With all of my race costumes for my trip, I won’t be able to fit any of the large Harry Potter books into my carry-on. Additionally, the books are getting so good, so I definitely don’t want to stop now!
So, there you have it: my goals for the month of November. I’m looking forward to recapping and reflecting on these goals next month! See you then!
What are your goals for November?