Hi, friends! It’s October, my favorite month for so many reasons! I absolutely love fall and Halloween, and I got married in October of last year.
At the beginning of each month, I like to sit down and reflect on the previous month and make a list of goals to achieve during the new month. September was a great month, and I really got a lot accomplished, although I traveled a ton and got sick towards the end!
It was another month of fantastic experiences, and my training runs went so well!
Now that it’s the beginning of October, I wanted to recap my progress on my September goals. So…how did I do?
- Lose two pounds. I did it!!! Even with all of our traveling (and the amazing food that comes with that), I was able to lose 3 pounds! Only 9 more to go until my new goal weight!
- Continue training for Dopey. My training has been going so well so far! I’ve had to alter my training plan a lot recently with our schedules being so out of whack, but I’ve stuck to it!
- Continue working on my Dopey Challenge costumes. I purchased spandex running shorts and two tank tops. Only a few more items to go until I’m done!
- Start painting the house. This honestly did not happen this month. We did set a date for painting though, which is a step in the right direction!
- Finish Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I FINISHED HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE this month! Finally! I absolutely loved it! Now, because it took almost the entire month to finish, I have not had a chance to start Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I’m hoping to start that this weekend.
So, overall, I accomplished 3.5/5 goals…I’m giving myself half of a point for finishing one of the books. That’s better than I’ve done in the last few months, so I’ll take it!
Now that October is underway and I’ve evaluated my September goals, I’ve come up with a list of 5 goals that I’d like to achieve before the beginning of November.
My 2017 October goals are:
- Lose two pounds. I’m hoping to be down another 2 pounds by the end of the month. I think that with my intense training schedule this month, this should be doable.
- Continue training for Dopey. I can’t quit now! I only have 3 more months!
- Continue working on my Dopey Challenge costumes. I’d like to finish my purchases and come up with a plan for the creative aspects (Dalmatian spots and pizza planet logo) by the end of the month.
- Prepare the house for painting. Steve and I have to purchase all painting materials this month before we paint on Nov. 4-5. I think that we can definitely do this!
- Finish all Harry Potter books before my trip to WDW. These books are getting longer and longer. I think if I can finish them before my trip in January, I will be happy. Let’s see if I can do it!
So, there you have it: my goals for the month of October. I’m looking forward to recapping and reflecting on these goals next month! See you then!
What are your goals for October?