You guys…I apologize for being absent all week! I caught a pretty nasty cold over the weekend (as you may recall from my last post), so I spent every free minute laying around, trying to get better! I’m feeling MUCH better today, so I promise that I will be back to normal blogging next week!
All of that being said, this week was a little rough and rather boring, so I’ll be sure to keep this recap short.
I have one more run before I finish Dopey Challenge training week #17. Seventeen weeks – that’s insane! My body felt slightly better this week because we took the weekend off from traveling. I was able to focus on my workouts and get them done without any problems…well lower body problems…breathing was difficult with my cold.
- Friday: 4-mile run around the neighborhood
- Saturday: 14 miles around the neighborhood – and I felt fantastic the entire time! The miles literally flew by…with the help of several RunDisney podcasts and my Disney running playlist of course 🙂
- Sunday: Rest day!
- Monday: 15 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the exercise bike at the gym
- Tuesday: 3 miles around the neighborhood and some arm exercises
- Wednesday: 6 miles around the neighborhood…this one was a bit rough…this was the peak of my cold and it was incredibly humid outside. I honestly thought about quitting after 1.2, but I kept going. And, I’m so glad that I did!
- Thursday: 3 miles around the neighborhood and some arm exercises
I plan to do the elliptical and bike at the gym again tomorrow, and then I have an 8-mile maintenance run tomorrow morning. I’m definitely going to take that run VERY slowly and treat it as a shakeout run from the week prior. I think my legs really need the break from my normal pace, as do my lungs.
Just one favorite experience for me this week….this little guy was trying his hardest to get me to stay home Saturday and NOT do my 14-mile run. He cuddled with me for a few minutes in the morning and then followed me around the house as I got ready. AND, he made the saddest, sweetest face…
I mean come on…just look at that sweet face 🙂
I FINALLY FINISHED THE FOURTH BOOK THIS WEEK! But, because I was sick, I have not started the 5th book yet. Steve will be playing golf all day Sunday, so I may take the dog out on our deck and get through some of it then!
Do Dayquil and NyQuil count?
Anything Exciting Happening Next Week?
After our workouts tomorrow, Steve and I will be going shopping! Steve recently lost 35 pounds, and he’s in need of some staples until he reaches his goal weight. His old clothes just aren’t cutting it anymore. He’s so motivated, and he’s really helping me to stay on track as well. I love it!
What are you most excited for this weekend?