Hi, friends! How can it possibly already be September?
At the beginning of each month, I like to sit down and reflect on the previous month and make a list of goals to achieve during the new month. August was a great month, and I really got a lot accomplished!
I had a lot of fantastic experiences, and my training was on point!
Now that it’s the beginning of September, I wanted to recap my progress on my August goals. So…how did I do?
- Lose 4 pounds. Yikes. I didn’t quite achieve this goal. I did, however lose two pounds, so I can’t be too mad at myself! I’m assuming this has something to do with my training. I’ve been doing some strength training, so that may be helping me to add muscle (and not necessarily lose weight).
- Continue training for Dopey. Check! I’m so proud of myself for how well I’ve been doing here. I’m motivated and I WILL NOT quit!
- Start my Dopey Challenge costumes. Check! I made a lot of purchases for my costumes in August. I only have to buy a red visor, blue Sparkle Athletic skirt, two tank tops (blue and white), and some fabric paint. The rest is DONE!
- Start my last few home projects. While we didn’t start our painting project (it was honestly too hot to leave the windows open), we still do hope to finish it by the end of September. We did, however, hang our new lights in the dining room and kitchen – so that’s a start!
- Finish Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And…another blogger fail….I still didn’t finish this book yet. My coworkers and I have started to do puzzles during our lunch breaks, so I haven’t really been reading a lot over the last few weeks. I only have about 50 pages left, so I plan to finish it this weekend on the way to our cabin (more on that later).
So, overall, I accomplished 3/5 goals…not too shabby…but not perfect!
Now that September is underway and I’ve evaluated my August goals, I’ve come up with a list of 5 goals that I’d like to achieve before the beginning of October.
My 2017 September goals are:
- Lose two pounds. I’m lowering my expectations for September – I’m only hoping to lose two pounds. I think I’ve been stressing myself out too much with this, and I don’t want to lose focus on training in the process.
- Continue training for Dopey. I just started my official training this week (with the Hal Higdon plan), so I’m determined to keep going!
- Continue working on my Dopey Challenge costumes. I’d like to at least make a few more purchases (if not finish them) by the end of the month, which I think is very doable.
- Start painting the house. Steve and I are hoping to start the painting process in a few weeks. We have to paint almost the entire house, so we know that this will take a while…likely more than a month.
- Finish Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This is definitely going to happen this month! Mark my words!
So, there you have it: my goals for the month of September. I’m looking forward to recapping and reflecting on these goals next month! See you then!
What are your goals for September?