Happy Friday, friends!
I apologize for being absent this week – I’ve been crazy busy with work, appointments, and house work! But, I plan to be back next week with an August goals post and more, so stay tuned.
But, for now, let’s get this recap started!
And, with that, Dopey Challenge Training week #13 is complete. I officially start Hal Higdon’s training plan next week, but I’ll have to modify the first official week due to some weekend obligations. It’s football season, and my husband and I are Pitt season ticket holders. So, duty calls!
- Friday: 35 minutes of walking on the treadmill at the gym and some leg exercises
- Saturday: 12 miles on the treadmill at the gym – my new belt malfunctioned and I was forced to do my run on the treadmill because I didn’t have a back-up plan for fluids -___- That’ll teach me!
- Sunday: 5-mile walk with Thad and Steve at the local dog park
- Monday: 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill at the gym and some leg exercises
- Tuesday: 3 miles around the neighborhood and some arm and ab exercises
- Wednesday: 4 miles around the neighborhood
- Thursday: 3 miles around the neighborhood and some arm and ab exercises
I plan to do 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill at the gym today, and then I will be taking a rest day tomorrow, as part of the modified training for next week. I’ll then be doing 3 miles on Sunday, 5 on Monday, 3 on Tuesday, cross training on Wednesday, 3 miles on Thursday, and then I’ll be doing my 13-miler on Friday (since we will be away all of next weekend for the Pitt vs. Penn State football game). It’ll be a busy first week of “official training,” but I’m excited for the challenge!
As I mentioned before, I had a few appointments this week. This included a trip to the dentist to get a cavity filled….my least favorite place in the entire world. It went well, but I still found myself wanting to “bum it out” on the couch afterwards. So that’s what I did 🙂 And, I had Mr. Thaddeus and When Harry Met Sally to keep me company.
I’m still reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and I’m almost done! I’m giving myself until my recap post for my August goals to complete this book.
We bought a veggie spiralizer this past weekend, so we tried it out this week. Steve made DELICIOUS shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles. You guys, it was AMAZING!
Anything Exciting Happening Next Week?
Steve and I are taking my sister out to visit our alma mater (University of Pittsburgh) this weekend. We will be going to the football game on Saturday and exploring all the city has to offer for the rest of the weekend. I am so excited!
What are you most excited for this weekend?