Hi, friends! What? It’s August?!?! What happened to summer?
At the beginning of each month, I like to sit down and reflect on the previous month and make a list of goals to achieve during the new month. July was a great month, and I really got a lot accomplished!
Our home is starting to look fantastic, and we ate some pretty delicious food!
Now that it’s the beginning of August, I wanted to recap my progress on my July goals. So…how did I do?
- Lose 4 pounds. And…I failed at this again. I maintained, which is good, but I really wanted to make some progress in this area.
- Continue training for Dopey. I’m happy to say that I’ve kept up with this! I just finished week #7 for Dopey Challenge training, and I’m feeling great!
- Try 3 new DIY projects. DONE! As you can see in my photos above, I did three DIYs this month, which you can review in my blog post here. These projects were so much fun!
- Finish my home decor projects. Again, DONE! I absolutely love my new wall decor – it really reflects the personalities of my family. See my new decor here!
- Finish Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Yikes…I overestimated how big this book is….I’m only at the the half-way mark…so I definitely failed this goal…
So, overall, I accomplished 3/5 goals…not too shabby…but not perfect!
Now that August is underway and I’ve evaluated my July goals, I’ve come up with a list of 5 goals that I’d like to achieve before September.
My 2017 August goals are:
- Lose 4 pounds. THIS WILL HAPPEN! My husband and I have cut out a lot of unnecessary carbs and sugar (as of this week), so we are in it to win it this month!
- Continue training for Dopey. I have some longer runs coming up in the next few months, so sticking to my training plan will be key this month.
- Start my Dopey Challenge costumes. Within the next month, I want to start creating my Dopey Challenge costumes. I have some stuff already, but with a busy fall/winter training season ahead, I want to get a jump start on creating these costumes. I’m listing this goal here because it will take longer than one month to complete!
- Start my last few home projects. Steve and I want to paint a few walls that are rather…bright…I think that’s a good word…just picture a safari….painted on a wall….yep…our home’s old owners liked bright walls…(we avoided this when we first moved in because our dog was so young). We hope to finish this by the end of September. We also want to hang new lights in the dining room and kitchen. Our current lights are absolutely awful…like gold and gaudy awful. Again, this goal will most likely take longer than one month to complete, so I’m listing it now with the hopes of starting it before the end of the month.
- Finish Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I’m giving myself a little wiggle room on this goal this time around. I have the entire month to finish this book. Can I do it? Let’s hope so…
So, there you have it: my goals for the month of August. I’m looking forward to recapping and reflecting on these goals next month! See you then!
What are your goals for August?