Happy Tuesday, friends! My husband and I are currently watching Hercules to celebrate its 20th anniversary. In our opinion, Hercules is one of the most underrated Disney movies…the music is phenomenal, and the jokes are just too funny.
While watching this movie and singing along to all of the songs, my husband gave me the idea to share my Disney playlist with all of you.
Let’s get started!
- I’ll Make A Man Out Of You – Mulan. “Let’s get down to business…dun dun…to defeat…dun dun…THE HUNS!” This is how I start each of my runs. With it’s upbeat tune and catchy lyrics, it’s the perfect pump-up song to get me in the running mood.
Ugh…I just love Mulan! She’s so cool!
- Zero to Hero – Hercules. This is another great song to really pump me up. I think the lyrics “Zero to Hero” really get me focused…it’s like I’m going from 0 mph on the couch to “hero” status while training for Dopey…is that a stretch?
- Go the Distance – Hercules. A true classic. This song just gives me the feels. Does it need further explanation?
One of my favorite parts of each WDW RunDisney race is seeing this sign!
- Hakuna Matata – The Lion King. This is by far my favorite Disney song/phrase. It reminds me to relax and enjoy the ride – or in this case, run! “It means no worries….for the rest of your days….” I love having this song in the middle of my playlist because it gives me a little pick-me-up when I need it most.
One of my favorite RunDisney photos 🙂 No line for Timon?! YES PLEASE!
- Touch the Sky – Brave. I don’t hear many people talk about this song, but it’s one of my favorites on the playlist for sure! It has a fantastic beat and a great message: “I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind, and touch the sky!” How perfect is that for training?!
- How Far I’ll Go – Moana. Ever since this movie came out last November, I’ve loved this song. It really makes me feel that I can do anything that I put my mind to and that I will get through ANY run!
I got to see Moana during the Enchanted 10K this year!
- Dig A Little Deeper – Princess and the Frog. At this point in my runs, I usually need another pick-me-up, as things are starting to get hard. This song is the perfect solution and always comes at just the right time during my runs. “You gotta dig a little deeper,” or, in my case, “YOU CAN DO THIS, SARA!”
I met Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen after the WDW Full Marathon, and they are by far two of the best characters that WDW has to offer! Princess Tiana was so funny!
- Son of Man – Tarzan. In my opinion, this is another very underrated Disney movie. I’m a huge Phil Collins fan, so the soundtrack for this movie is by far one of my favorites. This song, in particular, is PERFECT for running. It’s catchy, upbeat, and has amazing percussion. I find it extremely hard NOT to sing along while running. Who am I kidding? I usually do…
- Almost There – Princess and the Frog. Another song that’s pretty self-explanatory. “You’re almost there, Sara…YOU GOT THIS!”
- A Star Is Born – Hercules. This is another song that I don’t hear too many people mention when discussing their playlists. I personally like to end with this song to celebrate the completion of my runs. It sort of has a gospel choir feel, which makes me think of the finish line of each WDW RunDisney race!
So, there you have it: my Disney playlist. Like I said, this usually gets me through 3-5 miles, but if I’m doing a longer run, I usually will replay it. I’ve been listening to this playlist since I was training for the WDW Full Marathon, and I’m excited to continue to use it as I train for Dopey Challenge!
Is there anything that you would add to this list?