If you haven’t already figured it out….I’m a HUGE Disney freak. I love the movies, I love the characters, I love the parks, and I absolutely love the magic behind it all. I’ve probably been to Walt Disney World at least 20 times, and it never gets old.
In 2015, my husband (fiance at the time) took me back to WDW for the first time in 14 years (it was his first time in 9). We had an absolute blast, and we’ve been back several times since.
Each time we go back to WDW, we try to visit an attraction that we missed during the previous trips or that we’ve never experienced. But, we also try to ride our most favorite rides as well. Of the hundreds of things to do at Walt Disney World, we’ve selected five attractions that we cannot miss. Our top five favorite rides include:
1. Mickey’s PhilharMagic. This is the cutest attraction…and it’s 4D! We love to sing along to the many classic Disney songs and enjoy the humor that Mickey and his friends provide. What’s also great about this attraction is that any age/height can enjoy it. It’s the perfect family ride! Fun fact: this is Steve’s favorite thing to do in WDW!
Here’s a photo of me and one of my besties, Taylor, before the show! She also loves this attraction 🙂
2. Space Mountain. This classic ride is one of our favorites for two reasons: the nostalgia behind it and because it’s so gosh darn fun! We are big thrill seekers when it comes to rides/attractions, so any dark, fast, and hilly rides are right up our alley! We both remember riding Space Mountain with our families when we came as children, so the ride also provides some fantastic memories. This ride is definitely a staple every time we visit Magic Kingdom!
Sad to be leaving Space Mountain during my 2015 trip!
3. Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster. We absolutely love this ride with its launch start, immediate loop, quick turns, darkness, and loud music. We both grew up on this ride as well, so it’s a “not-miss” attraction whenever we visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios (my favorite park, but more on that in a separate post later). This is another fantastic ride for thrill seekers!
4. Soarin’. This has to be one of the coolest rides we’ve ever been on. Imagine parasailing across the world with fresh air blowing in your face and the smell of different cultures in the air. Pair that with the visual of some of the most beautiful places in the world and you’ve got Soarin’. We love this ride for several reasons: it’s long, it’s extremely well done, and it gives us a chance to “see the world” on our very limited budget. How cool is that?!
5. Tower of Terror. And, finally, my favorite ride (and probably Steve’s second favorite ride) has to be Tower of Terror. This was my first thrill ride as a child, so I have a lot of memories associated with this ride. The decorations and props within the building are phenomenal and pair well with the eerie storyline, making waiting in line a breeze. But, the ride itself doesn’t disappoint either. Every ride is truly different with the randomness of the drops and length of the ride. I can’t say enough great things about this ride. I hope Disney never gets rid of it!
Cheesing hard in front of my favorite ride 🙂
So, there you have it: our top 5 rides at Walt Disney World. While these are our favorite rides, we do love to visit and ride each attraction at the parks. We can’t wait to go back in January to experience the magic all over again!
What’s your favorite ride at Walt Disney World?