Now that Dopey Challenge is on my horizon, it’s time to start thinking about what costumes I’m going to “create” for each of the four races….but where to begin?
I thought I’d take a look back at my previous costumes for some inspiration.
1. 2015 Princess Half Marathon
For this race, I dressed as Minnie Mouse – I had to go with a classic character for my first Disney race!
To put this costume together, I used:
- A cheap black tank top from Target
- A Sparkle Athletic skirt*
- Reebok black running capris*
- Disney Minnie Mouse ears
2. 2016 Walt Disney World Marathon
For this race, I dressed as Belle – my favorite princess!
To make this costume, I used:
- A yellow Sparkle Athletic visor*
- A red rose clip from the Dollar Store
- A ‘Belle’ tank top from Raw Threads*
- A yellow Sparkle Skirt*
- Yellow Zensah compression sleeves*
3. 2017 Enchanted 10K
This year’s Glass Slipper Challenge crept up on me, and I didn’t leave ample time to make costumes. Therefore, I used a few things I had lying around to create my costumes.
For this race, I used:
- A sparkly red Sweaty Band (which had a bow on it)*
- A ‘Snow’ tank top from Raw Threads*
- A black Sparkle Skirt*
- Red ProCompression socks*
4. 2017 Princess Half Marathon
Because I was short on time, I reused parts of my Belle costume from Marathon weekend. I perfectly matched the theming for the weekend!
For this version of Belle, I used:
- A Belle-themed Sweaty Band*
- The same ‘Belle’ tank top from Raw Threads*
- The same yellow Sparkle Skirt*
- Yellow ProCompression socks*
With all of these races and costumes, I’ve definitely learned what works the best for me. You’ll notice that most of my costumes have included Raw Threads shirts and Sparkle Skirts – which are both adorable AND comfortable! I plan to use these for some of my Dopey costumes, and I also plan to buy Zensah compression sleeves and Sparkle Athletic visors to match each costume as well. I’m still thinking through some aspects of each costume, but I’ll be sure to reveal them once I’ve decided!
What are some of your favorite costume essentials for RunDisney races?
*This post was not sponsored by any of the brands mentioned, and all opinions and views are my own.